By TIMOTHY GORDON
Some life reflections and home principles.
In a random sequence:
- Realign and assert yourself in all situations relating to personal sovereignty, dignity and self preservation.
- Harbour no debt at all in any form or context.
- Always be true to yourself. Avoid lying in any situation. Do not take from others that which is not rightfully yours. There is a Karmic law that governs us all, that may not be as easy to understand or resolve in this lifetime or the next. The saying is 'What goes around comes around', that is about karmic debt. Be real about your treatment of others and also to in the way we treat ourselves. Be responsible for your actions but not for the actions of others.
- Live within your means be grateful and be thankful for what you have, at all times and in all circumstances. Make the best of difficult circumstances. Seeing that all situations are opportunities of one kind or another. Making the best of these opportunities is the key to moving beyond the limitations we have. Don't complain but resonate with others less fortunate than yourself and continue to grow your ideas without limitations. Move towards a new paradigm of an all encompassment of a future enlightenment of humanity.
- Let go of the things, habits and people that no longer serve or are not reciprocal in their attitudes and nature, to your needs and life. Open yourself up to those who may not be in your tribe or jurisdiction and bring them into your family. The human family, that part of that natural world that doesn't understand itself. It's by coming together that we will see who we are and why we are the way we are.
- Do not let others bully or put you down. Stand strong, stand tall and if you need to, stand alone.
- Remove yourself from toxic ideas and people who want control over you. Build a capacity to see a future that fulfils your creative, intellectual, spiritual and physical potential.
- Find a way of self expression and determination that does not hurt others or yourself unduly. Protect everything you stand for. Be playful and aware in your relationships and all encompassing and creative in your determinations.
- Treat others as you would have them treat you and in accordance with the principles, rituals and myths you are most aligned with.
- Avoid cultish ways, and all extremes of thinking and living. Art is a way of releasing dogma, by the adventure of enquiry, creating perhaps new and achievable ways of being that express and reflect on who we are in this time and place. Art is a recording of our experiences and reflections on the past, present and future dreams of humanity. It is ultimately an exploration and adventure that delves into the never ending territories of life and nature itself.
- Recognise and respect the different stages of life. We have but few. That is a certainty. We can't avoid our time limits in this existence. Embrace age, situation and the ultimate end of all we know and have known.
- Do not try or be driven to change others. We can only live by example and by offering a helping hand.
- Attempt to gain perspective and multiple views on all matters. Research everything from a novice perspective. Never think you know everything, we don't and never will. Humility is a kindness to ourselves and others.
- Don't buy into other people's dramas. it's parasitical in nature and ultimately destructive for both parties. Stay alighted with your own virtues and stand up for those more sensitive than yourself. Be a part of the freedom of expression movement and disassociate from restrictive perspectives that brings you down and others no matter what their inclination or altruistic intentions may be.
- Ultimately the ego will send you mad and make you bad. This is a sad truth. We need to release everything that is false.
End of the notes:
- Don't give up on your truth, the truth or honest values for anyone or anything. That is the key to keeping whatever freedom we can galvanise in our present state of the world, which seeks to control and define us. There is only truth, honour, fairness, courage, kindness and devotion. Everything else is a fraud.
- Don't live through other people or live by their wishes and desires for you, live true as your own true being and continue that discipline throughout your life. Or else others, perhaps even family, friends and lovers will have a hand over you, unintentionally perhaps but will go about destroying your person if you let them. If that is the case, and you let them control you then your name and person will not have any significance at all in any future discourse or any other resounding propositions. It will simply be nullified and devoid of any future recollections. Beware of the false beliefs people hold they are not real in relationship to you. Stand up for your integrity and honour it on all occasions. Release the past.
- Your life is your own. Make the best of it!
Copyright Timothy M. Gordon,
July 20, 2020